The tables in Minion Backup fall into two categories: those that store configured settings, and those that log operational information.
The settings tables are:
- Minion.BackupCert – This table allows you to configure which types of certificates to back up, and the password to use when backing them up.
- Minion.BackupEncryption – This table stores data for each backup encryption scenario you define.
- Minion.BackupRestoreSettingsPath – This table stores the path settings for restore scenarios. In other words, here is where you define the paths and file names the system will restore to.
- Minion.BackupRestoreTuningThresholds – This table holds thresholds used to determine when to change the tuning of a restore; and the tuning settings per threshold.
- Minion.BackupSettings – This table holds backup settings at the default level, database level, and backup type level. You may insert rows to define backup settings per database, per type, per type and database; or, you can rely on the system-wide default settings (defined in the “MinionDefault” row); or a combination of these.
- Minion.BackupSettingsPath – This table holds location configurations for each type of backup. In other words, here is where you define the paths the system will back up to.
- Minion.BackupSettingsServer – This table contains server-level backup settings. The backup job (MinionBackup-AUTO) runs regularly in conjunction with this table to provide a wide range of backup options, all without introducing additional jobs.
- Minion.BackupTuningThresholds – This table holds thresholds used to determine when to change the tuning of a backup; and the tuning settings per threshold.
- Minion.DBMaintRegexLookup – Allows you to include or exclude databases from backup (or from reindex, checkdb, or all maintenance), based off of regular expressions.
- Minion.SyncServer – This table allows you to define synchronization partners: instances to push settings and/or log data to.
- Minion.BackupFileListOnly – A Log of RESTORE FILELISTONLY output for each backup taken
- Minion.BackupFiles – A log of all backup files (whether they originate from a database backup, a certificate backup, a copy, or a move). Note that a backup that is striped to 10 files will have 10 rows in this table.
- Minion.BackupLog – Holds a database-level summary of the backup operation per database. Each row contains the database name, operation status, the start and end time of the backup, and much more. This is updated as each backup occurs, so that you have Live Insight into active operations.
- Minion.BackupLogDetails – Holds a log of backup activity at the database level.
- Minion.SyncCmds – a log of commands used to synchronize settings and log tables to configured synchronization servers. This table is both a log table and a work table: the synchronization process uses Minion.SyncCmds to push the synchronization commands to target servers, and it is also a log of those commands (complete and incomplete).
- Minion.SyncErrorCmds – a log of synchronization commands that have failed, to be retried again later.